The East Hants Arena Association is a volunteer non-profit organization formed in the mid-1940s to construct and maintain the original Lantz Arena, opening in 1948. In the 1980s, it was apparent that the Arena (known to many as the “East Hants Barn”) required replacing. With tremendous support from the community, the East Hants Arena Association created the current East Hants Sportsplex which was opened in early 1993.
The Chairmen were as follows: Glen Doncaster, Pat Mills, Len Gallant, Clyde Smith, Colin Isenor, Gary Stone, Rob Jenkins, Dale Verge. Committee Members: Linda Atkinson, Tom Bagley, Pat Benere, Ron Borne, Blaine Brown, Clyde Carroll, Charles Caterer, Art Chisholm, Beth Cole, Ed Cook, Ron Coulter, Doug Crawford, Bill Dingle, Bob Dixon, Mike Doncaster, Tim Doucette, Allen Elliott, David Etter, Frank Fawcett, Dave Flynn, Tim Gibbon, Allan Isenor, Carl Isenor, Ralph Isenor, Bob Jardine, Joan King, Stephen MacKeil, Ken MacManaman, Don McNeill, Keith Miller, Leon Miller, Albert Moore, Kirk Nutter, George Prest, John Rhino, George Searle, Albert Stoddard, Stephen Thompson, Fred Turner, Clary White, Robin Wilber, and Jay Underwood.